March 17, 2006


















F is for... fear of failure

Will my front-loading washing machine mangle my first felting attempt?

The street in front of DD's school is always full of parked cars at morning drop-off time. Most mornings I see DD's friend P zipping past as her mum finds a tiny spot right by the gates. We always park a long way back because I don't want to risk not finding a space and being late for class.

I do like to plan risky things at work, but the difference is that element of planning: I like to know where I stand if I'm likely to fail.

(thanks to my wonderful secret pal's instructions I'm feeling quite confident about the felting...)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I suspect my instructions/tips might have been a bit grammatically mangled/lack coherence, but I hope they make some sense.

It always depends on the yarn, but blimey I don't think I've had a failure yet in my washer, so you can always post the knitting back to me to felt :D

Can't wait to see how it comes out! I hope it goes ok, and as I said, if nothing else it will probably be usable as a little bag for DD if it felts too much and comes out tiny. How has the yarn been to knit up? It looked fab for felting, but it might have been an interesting experience to felt. I really want to try their uber good value Alapca yarn on that cardi in Knitting magazine (that is free on their site anyway, grrr - crappy cheapskate editor). You should go have a nosy through their database if the felting experience works out - they have quite a few very lovely patterns...

SP

9:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to keep you in suspense a little longer as DH has taken the camera away with him...

The yarn looks gorgeous knit up - nice sheen to it and lovely texture, would make a nice scarf. However it's a bit like knitting rovings! You have to really pay attention not to constantly split it.

9:05 am  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

I'm acquainted with this "F". Usually the fears are unfounded!

4:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home