March 30, 2006

I got a great package from my recipe swap.
Joanne had created a gorgeous journal with recipes for all kinds of things she though I'd like, not just food. I'm thinking the first I try will probably be Margueritas... :)

She also made me knitting needles - how cool is that?

My package took 10 days to cross the Atlantic, so I hope the flapjacks inside haven't poisoned Nanette.












Flapjacks

5 oz butter or margarine
3 oz brown sugar
3 oz golden syrup, treacle or molasses
8 oz porridge oats

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt sugar, butter and syrup in pan, do not let boil.
Remove from heat, add oats and mix thoroughly.
Press into greased 8 inch square tin and smooth surface.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Mark into squares while still warm, then remove from tray and break apart when cooled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home