May 18, 2006

Before Sir Walter Raleigh brought potatoes back from the New World in the sixteenth century, we Britons were forced to turn to parsnips for mashing and roasting.

We're still awaiting Reynolds to introduce freezer paper to the UK and so, ironically, I'm stuck decorating fabric with potato prints rather than stylish freezer paper stencils.


I made a stand today and instead made parsnip prints. Unlike with freezer paper (sob!), the paint bled copiously. But I rather like the end effect, it's a bit like batik.

(Personally I love parsnips but DD and DH hate them. They're currently in season so I've got a lot in the fridge...)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do sell it on ebay in your country.
Have you had a look? Babs & Dolly.

10:05 pm  
Blogger Shanna said...

want me to send you some? drop me a comment over at my blog that way i can email you!

2:36 am  
Blogger Megan said...

Parsnip prints - that's so perfect. Least they weren't turnips.

12:59 pm  
Blogger Shanna said...

ack! i was hoping that your email address would come up when you commented but it was "anon. blogger". but i see you have an email link! sending you one now!!!

4:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home