June 16, 2006


The final day of Colour week... red.

This is my favourite tea cup (I've got three of them), it's Wade fiestaware from the 1960s.

Wade are still going, they make little ceramic collectables - I remember collecting the whimsies animals when I was a kid. Pretty sure they don't make tableware any more, though... I'm not overly surprised: the colour and design is wonderful but the saucer's got big old ring marks from the jigger it was made on and the glaze is pretty uneven. But I like that you can see the hand of the maker(s).


To see the rest of the week's tour of Staffordshire ceramics in my house:

Blue willow pattern (Burleigh)

Black and white cereal bowl (Portmeirion)

Brown floor tiles (Minton)

White sink (Twyfords)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cup of tea in that would cheer anybody up. Lovely photo. B&D

7:54 am  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

oh i love this!

1:28 pm  
Blogger ra said...

nice cup. I collected Whimsies as a child too, unfortunately I got rid of them all. I believe they're worth a fortune now (relatively speaking)

5:36 pm  
Blogger Megan said...

I love the shade of red in that cup. There is something about red and white together that always gets me.

10:44 pm  
Blogger Frioleiras said...

I Love your blog !!!
Your are so sensitive !....
It is a "spring", a "fresh flower" a "clam" in our day life ...

7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home