July 24, 2006

I'm sure when I was little the school summer holidays were only about a week and a half... This the first one I've faced as a parent and those six and a half weeks look mighty long on the calendar.

Still, DD has my crafting all lined up. I'm not allowed to make any creative decisions myself but I have to do all the boring stuff (i.e. the work...).


There were tears all round on Friday and our vases-made-out-of-a-postal-tube-and-some-plastic-cups held up better than I expected against the stacks of chocolates and wine bottles.


And today I got to make my first quilt. I hope seeing Belle and Sleeping Beauty in (their eggbox) bed together doesn't traumatise anyone too much (or remind you of Love Island)...

I would love to be a quilter but the sheer size of a real quilt is a bit of a challenge for instant-gratification me. I loved that I could make this in about an hour while watching telly. Either the Polly Pockets are going to get a lot of quilts, or I need to figure out how to attach them together.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

never having quilted myself, I can't say for sure, but..
make small squares, then sew them together on the machine to make a full-sized quilt?

5:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything looks so lovely. I remember those school holidays well.B&D

9:28 pm  
Blogger mathea said...

Congratulations on making your first quilt! Making a big one can seem a bit daunting, but you could always do it in small steps, by quilting each block as you go. Here's a tutorial that shows you how: http://www.secretsof.com/content/624

11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home