August 31, 2006


This was taken the night I made my Brownie promise. I think I was seven and feeling nervous.

I really liked the idea of acquiring badges - I can remember pouring over the handbook planning the toymaker badge (which I never got). I can also vividly remember the badge test where I had to hand wash a pair of socks in a big tin bucket. Was that the homemaker badge? However, I didn't actually get that many. But I've kept them all these years.


The Pincushion Challenge for August and September is 'recycle'. Finally those hard-won badges have a use :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pincushion would be extremely flat - I only got first aid and hostess badges! My eldest is ready to start Beavers next month ... so it all begins again!

Oh, and you were very fetching in your bobble hat!

5:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an excellent idea for the badges, I never made it to girl scouts, I dropped after brownies. My badges came from Awana-Wed. night church activities!!

12:16 pm  
Blogger mathomhouse said...

I must admit that I find myself doing the same thing with knitalong buttons, now, that you and I both did with merit badges.

Glad to see the knitting badge!

3:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home