August 30, 2006

We went to The Hub in Sleaford (which is a strange place to build a national centre for craft but that's European funding for you).

I was disappointed with the architecture (it's a converted seed warehouse but it's been VERY converted...), but the exhibition spaces are great, a really nice size and light. And the cafe tables all had a make-your-own-poem game which was fun.


We saw the Embroiderer's Guild exhibition The Art of the Stitch which had some really inspiring pieces. It also had an excellent section with fabric, thread, needles and hoops so you could work out your inspiration there and then. DH and DD got especially stuck in and here's a joint effort headband inspired by Clare Proctor's work.

The show is off to Williamson Art Gallery in Birkenhead next - worth a visit if you are near. I've never been to the Williamson, I must check it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

The Williamson is a lovely little gallery not a million miles from me and I will always have a soft spot for it as I did some work experience there - and they let me carry a Turner!! Nice to see if you're in the area! Do you know when the exibit will be there at all as it sounds worth a visit?

5:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home