December 30, 2006


His 'n' hers scarves, very vaguely relating in to the Architect's Scarf pattern in Greetings from Knit Cafe. I liked the idea of the recipient choosing the changes and widths of colour.

DH's is Paton's Beehive Shetland which I really only bought because I've seen a lot of Beehive in vintage patterns and I didn't think they still made it. Maybe they don't, it was a bargain on ebay. To be honest it's a bit shiny-suit but doesn't look too bad when paired with the infinitely more superior red Debbie Bliss Merino chunky.


And mine is Malabrigo with stripes of the everlasting Rowan Cork Bryony sent me (seriously, she sent me one ball and it just keeps on going - cardi, beret and there's still some left...)

I really like the way it looks with my patterned coat, but to be honest it hasn't converted me to varigated yarns. Particularly chunky varigated. It looks so lovely in the skein, but just a little odd knitted up...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh the scarf is lovely. I am not a huge variegated fan either but these colours are lovely and it does seem to lend itself to things like scarves. I like the way you have used the solid stripe, it works really well.

6:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home